Have you all heard of Shoott yet!? They offer high quality photos without the high prices – I know sounds too great to be true right!? Do you look forward to Family photos or completely dread because of the meltdowns or maybe a combination of both? We feel ya, and that is why we were inspired by Shoott to make this year’s Fall Family photo shoot the most memorable yet!
So (naturally) you want your family to look good in your photos, but you’re unsure of how to make that happen. The good news: Shoott photographers are pros at working with families and kids; but if you’d like arrive with some options to play with, here are some of our go-to posing tips for posing for family photos:
Levels! Grab the traditional shots with everyone standing or sitting, but level up your photo by mixing standing members with others who are sitting or kneeling. Work with elements like large rocks, benches, trees and grass.
Angles: For a more artistic approach, you can have the photographer work from the side or from behind or above you. A family favorite is having kids or parents lying on the grass and having the photographer work from above.
Mix-and-match combos: Think of all the combinations of family members – just kids, just parents, all the female or male-identifying members, and so on! Pro-tip: sessions are a great opportunity for parents to snag solo LinkedIn shots.
Toys: For pups and young kids in particular, bring their favorite toy or squeaker so the photographer can use it to grab their attention and direct their gaze towards camera.
Candid shots: For the more “organic” approach to really capture personalities, work with:
Movement: Movement helps minimize stiffness or awkwardness. Walk towards or away from camera, run, twirl, jump, or play with clothing – are all great options.
Interacting: Tell the kids a joke; have them tell you a joke. Talking and laughing together creates beautiful family moments which create family photo gold.
Play: Play with the kids by chasing them, swinging them, lifting them up in the air. Their energy and joy inspire truly Insta-worthy moments.
So give some of these posing for family photos a try! Shoott’s goal is to capture a gallery of your family filled with variety so you have lots of golden moments to choose from.
Just a few of the MANY reasons that you should give Shoott a try:
- Photo shoots are free to book, you only pay for the photos you love at $15/photo or less
- Each free session is 30-mins (perfect for kids’ attention spans!)
- You receive a gallery of 40+ high res photos to choose from within 3-5 business days!
- Shoott is 5-star rated on FB & Google
- Shoot’s Photographers are highly vetted, talented freelancers and all photographers have been background checked before joining the team
- Female-run startup!
- A great outdoor, socially-distanced family activity
- Perfect for: Family sessions, maternity, personal branding, milestone birthdays, engagements and more!
- Beautiful and iconic locations in and around Dallas & Fort Worth, including North Dallas & McKinney
- Shoot is offering you 15% off 5+ Photos if you book with code: BESTLIFE
Final note: Some folks have worried that 30 minutes would be too short for their family. They want to assure you our 30 min sessions are sufficient to generate a quality gallery for the vast majority of families (they’ve had sessions with 20+ family members!). They’ve also found that it’s the perfect amount of time to prevent meltdowns for kiddos (and sometimes spouses).
Check out Shoott today and Book your FREE 30 minute session!