Megan first met Courtney years ago, before she even had kids of her own when she would bring her nephew to play at the first Play Street Museum location in Frisco. Megan was immediately obsessed with the space: it provides a sense of order, cleanliness and comfort that a lot of play places don’t provide. PLUS, the most important thing – kiddos LOVE IT – and gives us momma’s, aunties, grandparents etc. a much needed break from cleaning up the mess in our own house!
XO – M&M
- How many kids do you have and what are their ages?
Mike & I have 4 kiddos. Anna (17) Quinn (16) Schaef (11) & Caroline (8)
- How did you end up in Plano? We are from Northwest Arkansas and were transferred to DFW with my husband’s corporate job about 7 years ago. We initially lived in Frisco, but moved to Plano about 3 years ago.
- What do you love about Plano? We love the convenience of being able to easily get around whether it is heading to north to Frisco or south to Dallas. 4 kiddos in addition to Play Street Museum having us going in every direction.
- What’s your favorite restaurant in Plano?
I am not a foodie and do not appreciate fine dining like most do. I often joke that I have the palate of a 5 year old so I’m good with chicken nuggets from Chic- fil-a. I am trying to be healthier so have several fast casual restaurants where I like to grab salads: McAlisters, Newks, Corner Bakery and Chic-fil-a…these are fast, easy and convenient.
- What’s your favorite place to shop in Plano?
My favorite stores are Madewell, Anthropologie and J.Crew
- What’s your favorite thing to do when you need some alone time?
There isn’t a lot of ‘me’ time, but I do like to walk aimlessly around some of my favorite retail establishments looking at all the pretty new things, I also enjoy going for long walks.
- Tell us about your career.
My husband and I are the founders of Play Street Museum. It was something I had wanted to do for a long time and when we moved to DFW, he strongly encouraged me to ‘go for it’. Once we decided to franchise the concept, Mike decided to leave the corporate world and join me full-time at PSM. Together along with a great team, we are testing and learning, supporting PSM locations and expanding into new markets.
- What do you love about your career?
I love seeing families spend time together and love that many are creating lasting memories. I love that Play Street is a place where kiddos can have a little independence and parents can have that much needed break.
- What is one thing you look forward to every year?
I think I would have to say Christmastime. Our kiddos are always so excited and it is fun to think of surprises they will like. PSM also has so many fun events that have become traditions for a lot of families.
- How do you juggle your career with being a mom and wife?
Not very well. I’m struggle daily with finding balance. It is a tricky thing because my family is certainly very important, but so is every Play Street location and each franchise owner.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve gotten from another mom?
The knowledge your child has and what he/she is learning is very important but is not as important as the person they are becoming. Are they a good friend? Are they honest? Are they kind?
- What’s one fun fact about you?
My favorite ice cream is Rocky Road